Come Riding with Us
07 47740124 or 0400345727
Ranchlands is Townsville's oldest and most prestigious horse riding school which has been owned and operated by Jenny & Lew Haines since 1977. For 40 years, Ranchlands has been teaching adults and children to ride horses. We cater for the young horse crazy child to adults who have always wanted to ride but never had the opportunity. Students can participate in private or group classes, where they can learn basic horsemanship, dressage, games on horseback and jumping. Students travel at their own pace.
One of the most wonderful things about riding is that everyone can enjoy the experience. Besides helping you to get fit and stay supple, you will meet like minded people and have a chance to interact with the wonderful horses.
For most people it becomes a lifelong passion.
About the Owners
Jenny's love for riding started at a young age and her passion shines through in her qualifications and accomplishments.
- Equestrian Federation of Australia Level 2 Coach
- Advanced dressage judge
- Riding for the disabled Level 1 coach
- Instructor Assessor for HEEES courses
- Competed at state level show jumping
- Represented Australia at Prix St Georges level in Dressage on three occasions
- Trained three horses FEI level taking one through to Grand Prix (Olympic) level
Lew has been a professional Farrier for over 35 years and his experience in the hoof department is extensive. He is also the chief maintenance man at the centre.